Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hello all! Things have been crazy lately and I haven't done a blog in about 4 months! I have LOTS of new pics but there at too many to put on here so I'll have to pick and choose! First I'll start of with stuff about the girls! Maddie is LOVING preschool now! She comes home and sings a new song almost everyday! It's so funny! She entertains her teachers, so I've been told! Recently she went on her very first field trip! She had a blast but I thought I was going to have a panic attack trying to decide if I should let her go or not. I gave in and let her and I'm so glad that I did! The reason I didn't want to let her go was because I'm VERY picky about who my child rides with and on the field trips at our school the parents drive 2 to 4 kids in their cars. I don't know ANY of the parents in her class so I was worried. I'm having to slowly let her go, she's growing up way too fast! THey went to the pumpkin patch, listened to a story, had a snack, and got to pick out a pumpkin. She had a blast! We also just had Hay Day at school. All of the kids got to go on a hay ride and got to go pick out another pumpkin! That was also a fun day for her! This weekend we went with my co-teacher and her 4 children and her neighbor's child to Calvary Chapel of Gulf Breeze' Harvest Festival at Shorline Park. It was so much fun and the kids all LOVED it! I'm glad we went. Now for Kaitlyn...she's growing like a little weed and eating like a piggy! She eats oatmeal and fruit in the morning for breakfast, a jar of fruit and veg. at lunch, a jar of fruit and veg. at dinner, and oatmeal again just before bed! P-I-G-G-Y! She gets on her knees and elbows and tries to crawl or scoot! It's pretty funny! She gets mad though because she can't seem to get it figured out yet! She scoots all over if you put her on the bed or put her in her crib, but the floor is different I guess.......not sure why though! She LOVES her walker! We put her in it outside on mom and dad's carport and she practically runs in that thing! She shredded a pair of socks in it so I had to go get her some shoes! I think she's going to walk sooner than she is going to crawl!
Let's see.....what else is new.........................oh yeah, Becky, my friend from Oregon who I've been friends with since we were 6, is in town for 3 weeks. She has 2 boys, which are pretty close in age to my girls, her oldest, Kage is 3 months younger than Maddie, and her youngest, Waco, is 3 months older than Kaitlyn! Maddie and Kage see each other in pictures on the computer but have never met until now and they are soooooooooo funny and WILD together! Becky and I have had a good time catching up and also got to get together for dinner with some friends from high school that we haven't seen in 8 years! WOW! I feel OLD now!
Halloween was fun! The girls were both little bumble bees! We went trick or treating with some of my friends from high school, Pamela, her daughter Leila, Lori, her husband, Evan, and their children, Skylar and Ayden, and Troy and his two little boys. We had a lot of fun! Maddie LOVED trick or treating!
Also, as most of you know, Shane and I have been having problems and are currently separated. The girls and I are at mom and dad's and Shane's in Milton. Please keep us all in your prayers that we can work this out and get back together as a HAPPY family. Hope you all enjoy our updated blog and I'll be posting pics as I pick through them!

1 comment:

simplicitybegins said...

Didn't know you and Shane were separated. I'm sorry; I'll add you to my prayer list.

Loved all the info about your daughters! Now I can't wait for pictures.

If you can, encourage Kaitlyn to crawl first; it has a positive affect on her reading skills.